Louisiana State Police Commission
Download this rule
RECORDS AND REPORTS
15.1 Payroll and Attendance Records.
It shall be the duty of each appointing authority to install a system of payroll and attendance records. Such system or systems shall be so designated as to facilitate the maintenance of adequate personnel records and to eliminate duplication of accounting and reporting to the fullest extent practicable.
15.2 Certification of Payroll and Attendance.
The appointing authority or his agent designated for this purpose shall certify on each payroll or subsidiary documents the actual rendering of service in the position, the actual number of hours of attendance on duty, and the number of hours of absence from duty. Each employee shall certify also the fact of the actual rendering service, the number of hours of absence from duty.
15.2.1 Payroll Periods and Timely Issuance of Paychecks Due to Classified Employees.
(a) An appointing authority, the Commissioner of Administration on behalf of the Uniform Payroll System, or the head of any other payroll system responsible for issuing paychecks to classified employees, shall establish weekly, biweekly, semi-monthly, or monthly payroll periods. Use of any other pay cycles must be approved by the Director.
15.3 Personnel Action Forms.
(b) Paychecks due to classified employees shall be issued no later than seven calendar days following the end of the applicable payroll period unless approval is obtained from the Director under conditions established by him.
(a) The Director shall prescribe personnel action forms which appointing authorities shall use to report such personnel actions and status changes as he may require. the Director shall inform the appointing authorities which personnel actions and status changes must be reported to him.
15.4 Approval of Personnel Action Forms.
(b) Personnel action forms approved by the Director shall constitute authorization for payment by the appointing authority of compensation of an employee at the rate specified on the appropriate form as long as he remains an employee in a pay status. The appointing authority shall furnish a copy of each such form to the employee concerned.
The Director shall have the discretion of not approving any form indicating appointing or employment status change to be effective more than 20 calendar days prior to receipt by him of such form.
15.5 Leave Records.
Each appointing authority shall install and maintain a leave record showing, for each employee who holds a position in the Classified Service, (1) annual leave earned, used and unused, (2) sick leave earned, used and unused, and (3) any special leave with or without pay. Such record shall be documentary evidence to support and justify the certification of authorized leave of absence with pay.
15.6 The Director may from time to time examine departmental payrolls and personnel records to determine whether such records reflect the employment of
any person or persons in violation of any provision of the State Police Commission Article or Rules.
15.7 Actions on Violation of the Rules.
If the Director finds that any person has been appointed, transferred, non-competitively re-employed, continued, or otherwise employed in violation of any provision of the Article or Rules, he shall notify the fiscal officer of the department of such violation and take such other action as may be authorized or required by the Article or Rules.
15.8 Official Roster.
The Director shall establish and maintain a roster of all Classified employees of all departments in which there shall be set forth as to each employee, the class title or the position held; the salary or pay; any change in class title, pay or status, and any other necessary date.
15.9 Records of the State Police Commission.
(a) The State Police Commission shall be the official depository of the records of the Department and the Commission.
15.10 Modification of Personnel Actions.
(b) Subject to the provisions of Sub-section (c) hereof, all records so deposited shall be public records and their inspection, availability and regulation shall be subject and governed by the statutory provisions governing public records and documents.
(c) The following records shall be held confidential:
1. Investigation correspondence and date related to the moral character and reputation of applicants for employment or employees in the Classified service.
2. Examination materials, questions, date and examination papers and records relating in any way to competitive examinations and other tests constructed, maintained, or conducted by the State Police Commission.
3. Files, statements, reports, correspondence and other data in connection with and related to investigations of violations of the Article or Rules, when such inquiries are conducted by the Commission or the Director, other than that which is admitted in evidence at a public hearing.
4. Files, statements, reports, correspondence and other data collected in the course of salary surveys which identify private corporations with the actual salary rates and practices of that organization; or that reveal organizational characteristics that would make the corporation easily identifiable.
5. Any decision of the Commission on an appeal or any contents thereof until the day that the decision is filed with the Director in accordance with Rule 13.28.
6. Any proposed decision of the commission on an appeal or any contents thereof prepared by a Commission member or by a referee, until the decision is filed with the Director in accordance with Rule 13.28.
(a) Subject to the provision of Sub-section (c) of this Rule an appointing authority may, prior to the effective date thereof, rescind or modify any personnel action notified to the Director.
(b) Subject to the provisions of Sub-section (c) of this Rule an appointing authority may, subsequent to the effective date thereof and with the approval Director, rescind or modify any personnel action notified to the Director.
(c) No removal, demotion or reduction in pay of a permanent employee may be rescinded or modified without approval of the Commission or a Referee nor may any disciplinary action which is the subject of an appeal be rescinded or modified without approval of the Commission or a Referee.
The Director may prescribe such personnel forms and procedures as may be necessary or desirable to carry out the provisions of the Article and Rules.
Click on the Word Icon to download in a Word format.
Last Modified: 07/18/2013